Serves 2 – (Time: 2 1/2 – 3 hours)
- 2 1/2 lb. fryer chicken, trimmed and emptied
- Daddy B’s Signature Chicken Rub
- Wishbone Italian dressing
- 1 or 2 gallon freezer bag
- Place cleaned chicken in freezer bag and add chilled Wishbone Italian dressing
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator for three to four hours. Don’t rinse off marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with Daddy B’s Chicken Rub. Try to get some under the skin too.
- While the Chicken Rub is marinating, Heat smoker to 275o – 300o, takes about an hour
- Place chicken on smoker.
- After hour and a half, turn chicken over and spray both sides with apple juice to give it a nice brown color. Prepare glaze.
- At the two hour mark, cut the chicken in two (optional). And apply glaze to both sides and place back on smoker skin side up.
- After 15 minutes, re-apply glaze to skin side only
- Cook for another 15 – 45 minutes to achieve doneness
(Chicken is done when the internal temperature hits 165o, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours)
- 1/2 cup of Honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, or substitute 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 25% Hickory
- 75% Apple
Download and Print Recipe
Spices Used in Recipe