- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup parsley flakes
- 4 ounces of mushrooms
- 12 cups of dry bread croutons
- 1 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 2 Tbsp Daddy B’s Southern Blend seasoning (season to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups turkey broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, mushrooms and parsley in butter, stirring often. Add the sage, thyme, Southern Blend seasoning, marjoram.
- Sauté until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Pour enough broth in to moisten, but not make soupy. Best to stir while adding broth a little at a time.
- Whisk the eggs and baking powder together and incorporate into the dressing. Gently stir everything together. Transfer mixture to slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on High for 45 minutes, then reduce heat to Low and cook for 4 – 6 hours.
Download and Print Recipe
Spices Used in Recipe